I was never baptized as an infant. I do however know many that were. I am often asked by curious souls if they should be re-baptized now that they have come to more of an understanding of what baptism means. Let us first examine a great example of baptism from the bible. When Jesus Christ was an adult, around 30 years of age, he was baptized. Although he had no sins to be remitted, since he was the Lamb of God without sin, he was still obedient unto baptism. John baptized souls unto repentance. When Jesus Christ was baptized he was baptized to “fulfill all righteousness.” (Mt 3:15 KJV).

He accomplished the necessary ordinances and commands of God. He set an example for us. After his resurrection he stated in (Mark 16:16), “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.” Many try to overlook this command given by the Lord Jesus Christ. Many try to justify its meaning by twisting the scripture and de-emphasizing the command but they fail in that God’s Word will never fade away: “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away” (Mt 24:35).

The fact of the matter is that baptism is a command by Jesus Christ and it should be done when one is of an age where they understand its meaning and necessity. Jesus was a well age when baptized and we should consider that. Jesus walked in obedience and it pleased the Father so much so that a voice from heaven uttered from above, “…This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Mt 3:17). If God was pleased with his Son at baptism, how shall he not be pleased with us when we are baptized? “Beloved, now are we the sons of God…” (1 Jn 3:2).

We should not take baptism lightly for we are not like our Lord Jesus Christ in the sense that remittance of sin is not needed. We are a wretched people, laden with sins from an early age and void of justification before a holy and righteous God. We need the cleansing! We need the washing! We need the remission of sins! All the more reason we should be eager to make it right before God. All the more reason we should have an answer of a good conscience toward God.

Baptism is full immersion in water. The old man goes down in a watery grave, the Lord Jesus Christ is called upon and then arises a new man! Made in the image of Christ, a new creature! A glorious resurrection from the old man to the new! It’s not a sprinkling at infancy, it’s not just taking a bath, it’s not a mere symbol, it’s the operation of God by faith! The circumcision made without hands! “In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead” (Col 2:11-12).

So should one get re-baptized if they were baptized as an infant? Most certainly YES! and speedily!

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost” (Acts 2:38).

Categories: Wisdom Talk

Christopher Aceves · January 4, 2019 at 7:03 am

Hi Brother Gabe Im looking to get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.. can you guide me into the right direction how do I know what church in my area to go to to get baptized?? I’m a Born again Christian and turned away from my wickedness..

Brother Gabe I’m glad I found your chanel on YouTube it really helped me in my process. Also I have shared your videos with my loved ones and others who are uncertain..

Please help me

Christopher Aceves

Gabriel · January 5, 2019 at 3:34 am

Hello Chris. I am glad that you have come to that decision of obeying our Lord Jesus Christ. When we come to the faith it’s easy to stay complacent and feel as if we are “saved” already. But that isn’t the case. When we come to the faith we must OBEY what is commanded to us by Jesus Christ. Jesus commanded baptism and his Apostle commanded baptism. There really is no way around it. Some view it as a casual thing that they could pass up if they like but why would someone pass up getting their sins washed away? Doesn’t make any sense.

Now you will certainly hear by the false teachers and devil’s disciples that baptism is merely symbolic and is not required for salvation. But understand they are working for the devil. If one is serious about the Word of God they will easily see that it’s more than just “symbolic.” When I was baptized into titles, father, son, holy spirit. I knew something was wrong. After my baptism I questioned why the name of Jesus Christ wasn’t called over me. I felt uneasy after that baptism. For a few months I was uneasy then God led a dear brother my way to tell me about Baptism in Jesus name ONLY. Thank God I was receptive because six months later I got re-baptized into Jesus Christ! It was a light turning on, I went down into the water an old sinner and came up a new man! My past sins were washed away. I knew then that there is a BIG difference being baptized in titles (which cannot save) and being baptized into the ONLY name ABOVE all NAMES, Jesus Christ! (which can save) Hallelujah!

I love sharing my testimony Chris and the bible says that we overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony! I have been a little busy but I got your request and I am going to work on it right now and email you directly with the information and directions.

Susanna Brown · February 9, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Hi I’m new in the Bay Area, I have been watching your videos and realized you must know a good church for me to get babtized in the area, Tracy, to be exact. Do you think you could kindly let me know where to find one? Thank you I appreciate it.

Jesse · January 9, 2019 at 6:44 am

How do you know when you have received the Holy Ghost?

Gabriel · January 10, 2019 at 2:56 am

Contrary to popular belief, it’s not when you feel goosebumps or cry.

What did Jesus say?

Mark 16:17:
    “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;”

You speak in new tongues and magnify God. It’s the initial evidence of being baptized with God’s Spirit.

I will leave you with this wonderful display of ministry at work!
    Acts 19

“And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John’s baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. And all the men were about twelve”

Autumn&Javier · January 29, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Brother Gabe we are so blessed to have found your channel on YouTube, we were wondering if you travel to other states?, we live in Ohio and we have been watching your videos and we would love to invite you to Ohio.

We have given our lives to Jesus Christ, all though we have not been baptized because we have not joined a church yet but we are definitely looking forward to being baptized in Jesus Christ. It would be nice to have an outdoor baptism for the community .

Jerome · February 7, 2019 at 12:20 am

Greetings Brother Gabe,

I have recently tuned in on your youtube channel. It has helped me greatly hearing you speaking the word written in the Holy Bible inspired by the Holy Spirit it has increased my faith praise JESUS!!! I am currently fighting the temptations to sin (through grace of God he is letting me win) and reading the Word and praying daily trying to hear and do what the word instructs me, it is such a gift from God that he has given me discernment of repentance. I feel I have just begun fighting the good fight of faith and the way through the words Jesus was teaching to the apostles.

I am concerned with my salvation due to not having been baptized in the name of Jesus, I’m weary of false prohets I live in Adelaide South Australia and there are wolves in sheeps clothing everywhere. Please supplicate and ask God our Father to help lead one of his lost sheep towards the proper ways of getting baptized and how he lead you maybe he will help show me through the spirit.

God bless you Gabe FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT MY BROTHER IN CHRIST!!!

Kind regards and with Brotherly love

Jerome Swain

Guerda Bornelus · February 17, 2019 at 11:49 am

Glory to God! My daughter and I got baptized in the name of Jesus Christ yesterday! Thank you again for your teachings.

Gregorio · April 4, 2019 at 5:04 am

article · April 5, 2019 at 6:06 am

Thanks for the great article