There is a misconception prevailing in many of the local churches that one receives the Holy Spirit of God at baptism. When I first heard this I wondered why the person was so convinced. I had to reveal to them that the Holy Spirit does NOT dwell the believer at baptism. The belief that one receives the Holy Spirit at baptism or confirmation comes from the Catholic Church (Catechism 1316). The Catholic Doctrines states:

“Confirmation perfects Baptismal grace; it is the sacrament which gives the Holy Spirit in order to root us more deeply in the divine filiation, incorporate us more firmly into Christ, strengthen our bond with the Church, associate us more closely with her mission, and help us bear witness to the Christian faith in words accompanied by deeds.”http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p2s2c1a2.htm

The Catholic Doctrine is misleading to the believer. We do not see anywhere in the New Testament Church that a believer received the Holy Spirit at baptism or confirmation. This isn’t to say that a Believer cannot be filled with the Holy Spirit at baptism, but we do not see from the Holy Scriptures that baptism produces the indwelling of the Spirit of God. We however, do see a manifestation of the Holy Spirit coming upon the believer either prior to baptism or some time after baptism. There is a visible evidence that the Believer is baptized/filled with the Holy Ghost. Notice what Jesus Christ prophesied:

“And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;” (Mark 16:17 KJV).

This clearly tells us that one who truly believes in the Lord Jesus Christ with all his heart, will speak in New tongues thereafter. There will be a manifestation of the Holy Spirit initially making abode in the believer. Notice a few instances of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit coming upon believers after or before baptism.

Believers receive the Holy Ghost after baptism:

“Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.” (Acts 8:15-17).

Believers receive the Holy Ghost prior to baptism:

“While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word…For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.” (Acts 10:44).

Believers re-baptized and then receive the Holy Ghost:

“He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost…And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.” (Acts 19:1-6).

It is now clearly seen that the Baptism of the Holy Ghost comes either after baptism or before baptism but not as the Catholic religion falsely states in their (Catechism 1316), at baptism and confirmation.

Without the Spirit of God, we merely have a head knowledge of God, i.e, Apollos. We can study books, read about God, know of God, memorize scriptures but will never have the Holy Spirit on the inside of us if our belief has not led to speaking in New Tongues. The Promise of God’s Spirit is available to “as many as the Lord our God shall call.” (Acts 2:39).

It is important to note that the [Gift] of Diversity of Tongues (1 Corinthians 12), is a spiritual Gift for the edification of the body of Christ. This should not be confused with the initial baptism of the Holy Ghost (speaking in New Tongues) which EVERY true believer should receive, IF they truly believe. (Mark 16:17).

I pray that the Lord God has called you to receive of his Holy Spirit. When you receive of His Spirit you will speak in New Tongues and magnify God!

Categories: Wisdom Talk

Lakeshia McGee · May 9, 2019 at 10:36 pm

May the Most High countue to bless you with the spirit of boldness to peach his word on the street conners , churches , schools , gay pride parades ETC………it is by the spirit of God you are able to do this . May God drench you in his grace and power and protection abundantly !

Gabriel · June 12, 2019 at 12:01 pm

I receive that prayer in Jesus name. As the days are waxing evil, it’s just a matter of time till the mark of the beast comes into full effect. We pray that God gives you and us the strength to endure to the end and be counted worthy to escape all the things that shall come upon the earth.

In Jesus name.
    Amen

Daniel Khalandovskiy · June 2, 2019 at 11:00 pm

Hi Gabe this Daniel. I interested about peaching. I live in West Des Moines, Iowa. I have some questions. Can someone who accepts Jesus after being and go on sin will fully. Can they be repented. I find out OSAS Once saved always saved is exposed. How to avoid this false doctine?

Gabriel · June 12, 2019 at 12:07 pm

I am glad you have come to that knowledge. There are many who continue in that false doctrine OSAS through life and into old age. They die and then wake up in a place of torment, hell. For the lie they believed and the lie they perpetuated, they will suffer the eternal damnation that they thought they would never experience. They are dogs that have returned to their own vomit. They are spots in the feasts. They are clouds without water. As wandering stars, to them is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

And rightfully so because they never took time to “work out their own salvation with fear and trembling.” Their life was spent believing a lie and living in secret sin. They thought their secret sins were “covered by the blood” but in actuality their works were making a mockery of God.

I have a resource section (playlist) that goes over pivotal teachings that’ll ground you in the faith. If God has given you ears to hear it will benefit you. But below I will lead you to an elementary teaching on street preaching basics. It too is a must watch.

Keep the faith.

Daniel Khalandovskiy · June 14, 2019 at 4:37 pm

During the my high school and college I used to say the f s b word. There other day holy with some cuss words. I found out that it is a sin. I am worrying about these words about the s word that ties to holy. I am very concerned and fearing about it. How to recovery from it

Gabriel · June 15, 2019 at 9:44 pm

See our video “blapshemous thoughts” that should help you greatly.

Amen

Scott Johnson · June 18, 2019 at 7:55 am

Hello Gabe! I’m from and live in Western New York now, buy I lived in Long Beach, CA and got my degree from Cal State Long Beach in 1987. At that time I was not walking with the Lord. We had a couple of so-called preachers come on campus and rile people up. But you, my brother, have a true gift of preaching. Because it’s done IN LOVE. It’s obvious to me that you have a calling. A precious gift. So I have made a donation today, and look forward to watching you on the campuses and sidewalks of California. I love you my brother! My best to you and your wife🙏✝️💓

Gabriel · September 28, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Praise the Lord. I am glad you have been encouraged by the ministry. God be Glorified!
    Keep the faith in Jesus and keep growing in God.

Amen

Daniel Khalandovskiy · July 3, 2019 at 2:29 pm

I am concerned about baptism. There are some Christian churches that batpism them in the name of the father the son and the holy ghost. I am afraid to baptized incorrectly. I saw your videos of baptism correctly in Jesus name. I live in Iowa. And I am trying find people who batpized me correctly.

Gabriel · July 3, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Email me your zip code and I will see what I can do for you. savedbypreaching@gmail.com

Jaime R · July 8, 2019 at 11:53 am

Good morning Brother Gabriel,
      I received the Holy Spirit on June 28th of 2019, my concern though is that some things that are said at our church doesn’t always sit well with me. I read your other post about “Tithing”, my church (UPC) and my Pastor provided me a portfolio with the core standards of our Church and Tithing of a certain percent was asked of us. This has also been said so by guest speakers at our church “a good member will support his church and his pastor by tithing “. It’s little things that I catch here and there and they don’t sit well with me especially when I go home and research all that has been said to confirm it’s authenticity. I’m in the city of Van Nuys 91406 and I would love to get my family involved so we can praise our Lord together but I don’t want to get involved with the wrong church and damn my family because of my lack of knowledge. Thank you.

Jaime Romero · July 8, 2019 at 11:54 am

Good morning Brother Gabriel,

Gabriel · July 8, 2019 at 11:17 pm

Thank you for that information. We should certainly be watchful with the places we choose to fellowship. If we have a family we have to take extra precaution so as not to lead them into false doctrine. If there is something that seems contrary to sound doctrine when we meet at a fellowship, we must note it. Once we note it we have the option then to approach the minister about it, in peace but also correction. If they have ears to hear the truth then you have won your brother and kept him from the error. If he does not have ears to hear then his bloods is no longer on your hands. You are free.
    Tithing is always going to be a topic of manipulation that is why the fruit is bad. When ministers speak on tithing it’s usually always done with ridicule, threats, warnings, selfishness and grudge. They are trying to bind an Old Testament law upon New Covenant believers. Hence, the oppression and manipulation. If you know the Truth then you shouldn’t partake in the lie. Simply do not give a tithe to that church. Especially if they demand one. You can give as the Bible states in 2 Corinthians 9:7 to a minster that does not manipulate the people out of their money. That is a donation well spent.

Almark · September 23, 2019 at 12:10 pm

One simply must first want Christ in their lives fully, to make a full commitment and then if your heart is pure, as he is pure, simply ask in believing that he WILL give you his Holy Spirit. It would astound you that 80% of this so-called Christian world we live in, does not and have never received the real Holy Spirit of Jesus. I call this Pop-Christianity, adhering to the liberal environment we all face, and some of us hate. Some treat the Gospel as fun and games, but it isn’t, it’s the truth of Jesus Christ. Hoping that people would understand the gift they are forsaking.

Laura Martinez · September 28, 2019 at 4:45 pm

Thank you brother gabriel for adressing this i receievd the baptism in the holy spirit and i wasnt sure because inhadnt been baptised in water yet but thank you for speaking on it i recieved the baptism on September 12 2019, i recieved a dream when i came to christ i saw a full huge moon in my dream i hadnt know what it meant i thought maybe something would come to pass when there would be a full moon, then a month or two later i recieved another dream with multiple moons in the sky one was even larger than the others and also suns in the sky as well on september 12 when i came home from school i cryed out to the lord to please given me the holy spirit i started to weep so much and just yearning for jesus and all of a sudden i start to speak another language then, i put my hand on my belly and i felt streams like water going through my belly, and i started to sing without even trying, i left that day to visit a family member and as we left it was dark as well on that day at night as i was in the car it was a full moon in the sky i believe God was showing me that this would come to pass and i wanted to ask is it possible for God to confirm that we would recieve a gift from him or that something will come to pass is it prophetic?

Gabriel · September 28, 2019 at 7:19 pm

There are a diversity of expreiences that lead up to someone getting baptized w/ the Holy Ghost. I am not here to discount what led up to you receiving the Spirit. But it’s a good thing when God baptizes his Child w/the Holy Ghost, you will speak in New Tongues. Jesus predicted this would follow the true believers Mark 16. It still happens today to those who believe.

Keep the faith in Jesus.