We get this question a lot. “What about Matthew 28:19?” The scripture reads:

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:”

Our reply is usually the same. We in return reply, “What about it? Matthew 28:19 is the Word of God.” For some reason, random people who are either new to the Faith of Jesus Christ or people who have been feeding on commentaries their whole lives tend to think that we disregard the above scripture. This is far from the truth. We as Christians understand the necessity to believe the WHOLE Word of God, the Bible, and Matthew 28:19 is part of the Bible and therefore we believe it. We acknowledge the Father who is God, the maker and creator of all things. We understand who the Son is, the Only Begotten of the Father. And we thank God for his Holy Spirit by which we can have access unto the Father. These titles are not three deities but as the scripture saith:

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.” (1 Corinthians 8:6 KJV).

I believe that the problem is that many who read the verse are not understanding what it is saying. People who lack study of the scriptures tend to believe that Jesus Christ was commanding that those who baptize must use the literal words he was using in Matthew 28:19. As if it was a type of formula. Jesus wasn’t saying that a person must recite those words as a formula or exactly. Let us take a look at the verse in a little more depth.

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:”

Notice Jesus’ use of the singular word, “Name.” Now why wouldn’t he say “names” instead of “name?” The answer is in the preceding verse, Mt 28:18.

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”

He does not use plurality but rather uses singular wording “ME”. He is doing this for a reason so we can put the pieces together and use wisdom when rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15).

As we rightly divide the Word of Truth we will see that in the Book of Acts that the Apostles did just that. Peter was an Apostle and he was with Jesus on the ocean shore when Jesus spoke those words in Matthew 28:19. He listened to Jesus’ command very intently. Peter then, on the Day of Pentecost, begins to preach Jesus Christ to the people. After he preaches the Gospel he then commands the listeners to be baptized into the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” (Acts 2:38).

Notice how he uses the singular name, “Jesus Christ” rather than a plurality of titles, i.e, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. As a matter of fact, nowhere in the book of Acts do we see the Apostles baptizing anyone by saying the literal words, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All baptisms done are in the NAME of Jesus. At times, Lord and Christ are added as descriptive titles to the primary name that carries all authority, JESUS. Therefore, we see that Peter uses the singular name (Jesus Christ) just as the Lord instructed him to do so in Matthew 28:19. Peter understood what Jesus was saying in Matthew 28:19. The instruction was not only to Peter but also to the rest of the Apostles and even extends to us Christians who are also instructed to baptize individuals. We ought to use the singular Name, “Jesus Christ” when performing baptisms and NOT any plurality of titles. A title carries no power in itself but only a name has Authority. In this case, the Name of Jesus has ALL authority.

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me (Jesus Christ) in heaven and in earth.” (Matthew 28:18).

We conclude by stating that Jesus Christ is the singular name that MUST be called over a person at baptism. This correct method of baptism obeys the words spoken by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19. He stated that we MUST be baptized in the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost and we agree wholeheartedly. This also fulfills the words spoken by the Apostle Peter on the Day of Pentecost. Acts 2:38. There is no contradiction in the two scriptures [Matthew 28:19, Acts 2:38] but rather direct fulfillment.

Jesus Christ is the Name of the Father (John 5:43, John 10:30, John 8:58, John 14:9).

Jesus Christ is the Name of the Son (Isaiah 9:6, Luke 1:31, John 8:36, Matthew 16:16).

Jesus Christ is the Name of the Holy Ghost (John 14:18, John 14:20, John 14:26, Colossians 1:27).

Aaron · August 29, 2020 at 6:35 am

I wanted to know why you said in one of your videos that a man should be saved by Jesus and be fillied with the Holy Ghost and that Jesus sits at the right hand of god but that you didn’t believe in the trinity you mentioned the importance of them all and said they had no power and I agree with your sign but I also have been apart of the faith a while and at least my church doesn’t do the things you say in your videos I’ve never seen any priest bow to statues or worship marry

Gabriel · August 29, 2020 at 8:26 am

Hello, I can’t understand what you are saying. If you can ask your questions with distinction because it’s seems jumbled at best.

Monica Mullins · September 14, 2020 at 8:17 pm

I was raised in the Catholic Church, my mom was a nun prior to marrying my dad. My dad, brothers and myself have tried telling her to get out of that church. When I read a KJV bible, I was convicted. They call the priest Father, Jesus tells us to call no man Father. You can call your earthly dad Father but what Jesus is saying there is only one Spiritual Father, Him. Priest will try and use because Paul calls some children but never once does an apostle ask people to call them Father. Catholics pray to Mary, look up definition of venerate. Catholics use repetitive prayers, and they ask another man (priest) for forgiveness when only Jesus can take away sins. They go and kiss a baby porcelain baby as if it is actually baby Jesus. The priest at my church told my mom three different persons compose the trinity, there is only God. Catholics pray to just about every saint, I mean seriously people, you are only to pray to Jesus. They even tell you to put a statue of Joseph buried in your yard to sell your home.. seriously this is idolatry, wake up!

Gabriel · September 15, 2020 at 8:05 pm

Good points. I am glad you are awake. Sadly, many have not the understanding of the blatant Idolatries of the Catholic Church. The Word says one thing and they do another. Their justifications will NOT work on the Day of Judgement. Let’s just hope they awake before it’s eternally too late!

Marie · August 30, 2020 at 11:10 am

Hello just wanted to mention I don’t recall seeing a priest bow to worship marry either but I see a lot of the members bow before the statue of marry along with the statue of Christ and praise them ..and we are not supposed to do that accoding to scripture ..not even to Jesus we don’t bow and worship he says not to

Gabriel · August 31, 2020 at 7:57 am

We are not to bow to any man. People in these end days think bowing is okay and a form of respect. For instance, the black lives matter cult. They demand people to bow to them or to their fallen “heros” and many do just that, take knee, bow their bodies in reverence. It’s also a form of idolatry. Black lives matter folk will bow to Jesus Christ right before they are cast into hell fire. God hates idolatry and Roman Catholicism and many Asian Religions practice idolatry.

Tricia Perry · September 12, 2020 at 11:06 am

Getting back His spirit……I was so IGNORANT to come out here period and I got stagnant a few years ago but wasn’t even sure what it was….I was not fighting Spiritually and it seem others around me me only made it worse. All this is sins…..I don’t want this mess breakdown in my body when I could be whole and WORSHIPPING and not like this at all. …it has completely wiped out my ENTIRE BEING…I am not well and NEED HELP NOW…..

David · September 23, 2020 at 6:24 pm

I cannot disagree with anything you said here, thanks Gabe

Lisa · November 14, 2020 at 3:46 am

If I was baptized in the name of the father, son and Holy Spirit should I be baptized again in the name of Jesus?

Gabriel · November 14, 2020 at 12:40 pm

Hello Lisa, thank you for that question and your honesty. I am glad you are coming around to the knowledge of the Truth.

I speak on the question you ask here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k-Y_WDwRik

God bless

Lisa · November 15, 2020 at 4:43 am

Thank you for your reply. I have one more question that has me in agony. I accepted Christ when I was 22 but I was living in and out of a repetitive sin for years! It was terrible. Praise God that was many years ago but Hebrews 6 and 10 has me so scared! Have I lost my salvation???

Gabriel · November 15, 2020 at 4:51 pm

If you have not been baptized in Jesus name for the remission of sins you have not been buried with Christ in baptism. Your sins remain. If you have not received the Holy Ghost, initially evident by speaking in New Tongues (Mk 16), then you have not the Spirit of God in you.

As for your question, you can’t lose something you don’t have. Hence, you cannot lose salvation since you were never saved. My advise to you is watch the video below as I speak on the process of salvation. Also, Yes, you should be afraid of Hebrews chpt 6 and chpt 10, it’s a rebuke against willful sinners.

Here is the video I spoke of, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egZFqF0Fkm4

God bless!

Khisrau · December 1, 2020 at 9:47 am

Hello, I am a brother from Germany.
I am watching your preachings for a few months and I appreciate it and it edified me a lot.
I would like to know how to continue in Faith. For about three years I went to a church, which I believe was a true church. And I also was baptised in water by a Pastor of this church, but I think I never was baptised in the Holy Ghost, whereas some of the brethern told me some times, that I already have it. In the day of baptism I told the Pastors, when he asked me, that I am here to be baptised in the Name of Jesus. But he baptized me in the Name of the father, the son and the Holy Ghost. After I came out of the water, I felt a little disappointed, but I thanked the Lord for the baptism and I continued as thy told me and I never again thought that it could have been wrong, because almost every one in church spoke in tongues and everything was right. But know after four years and one year after leaving the church I am still praying for the baptism of the Holy Ghost. It has also to be said that for a few months now, I’ve aslo been doing something like a mantra, but I don’t know whether it is the new tongues or is it what I invented myself.

I can not believe fully that it could be the water baptism, though I am convicted about the point made by Brother Gabriel, because the church I visited was a biblical and led by the Holy Spirit. Could it be some hidden sins? Admittedly, I sinned more after leaving church, because frustration and more. Or could it be something I never thought of?

Gabriel · December 1, 2020 at 12:12 pm

I appreciate your honesty and clarity about the situation. It seems to me that the church you went to didn’t have an understanding of the significance of baptism nor the significance of the Name above all names. Being in your shoes before, I’d suggest a correct baptism. Acts 2:38 is clear. There is not hidden doctrine there. The Name of the father, the son and the Holy Ghost, is Jesus Christ. It’s just that simple. Why they didn’t baptize you as you requested is because there is a disdain for the Name of Jesus Christ. It’s evident since they didn’t baptize you in the Lord’s Name.

As for the “mantra” you say you are speaking, I wouldn’t believe it’s the New Tongues spoken about in Mark 16. I may be wrong but only God knows. I can just see your lack of confidence about the situation and that leads me to believe there is no liberty. The BIble says, “where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.” If you are feeling oppressed or taken over by something that is not familiar to you, then that’s not a good thing. Some people think they speak in tongues because they are forced so they utter out something made up. When one is baptized with the Spirit there is a river of living water that comes from the belly and it just flows as the Spirit gives the utterance. You will know beyond doubt when you get baptized with the Spirit. Sure there will some apprehension at first because it’s a new tongue but once the lies of the enemy subside, you will understand that the baptism of the Spirit came upon you and it’s there to stay!

Email me your zip code and I will see what I can do for you regarding baptism.

Khisrau · December 1, 2020 at 1:58 pm

Thank you very much brother for your reply.
I just wrote you an email.