Are you a Black Sheep? The term”Black Sheep” is often looked at with a negative connotation. The view is that the one who goes against popular opinion, societal fads and worldly conduct should be ostracized and rejected. This is not an article on race or the color of one’s skin. I am speaking of those who have been despised, looked at differently, excommunicated and even slandered because they are Born Again Christians. When one becomes a born again Christian they soon realize that they have stepped into a Marvelous Light. Things are now becoming clearer. That which was in darkness before, is now made known by the presence of this Great Light.

“For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:” (Ephesians 5:8 KJV).

This Great Light is none other than the presence of the Almighty God, Jesus Christ. It should therefore be of no great surprise that there now exists a gulf between you, the born again believer and them, the children of darkness. You have now begun a type of relationship with the Creator of all things. Your life is made anew. But with that newness of life comes consequences. This realization can be a hard thing for some to accept as they make the transition from a child of darkness into a child of the Light. The children of the world understand this as well and they seek to maximize that separation of light and darkness by excluding you from their lives. and making known to you your “difference.”

“For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you (1 Peter 4:3-4).

Notice the particular wording in the above scripture, “think it strange.” The thoughts of those who are still in darkness begin to dwell on the fact that there is a Great change in you. They are accustomed to a type of societal norm in terms of the way things “ought” to be and the way you “ought” to act. But when you display actions that go against the worldly ways and social worldly norms, they begin to “think it strange.” The children of darkness begin to form a separation. This process of separation is made manifest in relationships in the family, relationships on the job and even relationships in the church. “Really? in the Church?” Yes, in the Church. Even in the body of supposed “believers” there are those who create cliques. If you are not in the mindset of the church clique then you are ostracized. You become a Black Sheep even in that environment.

For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.” (Psalm 69:9).

From experience I have noticed a common theme in church cliques; They are worldly. You will see this as you abide in the Light and become separated from them. You desire and hunger for the Word and Will of God and frankly, they don’t. They care about the latest fads in dress, worldly music, worldly artists, Hollywood, and the latest social trends. Oh, and the cliques like to gossip too. If you begin to show your presence and try to recalibrate the clique to a spiritual level, they will further their distance from you. Hence, the price of being a Black Sheep.

“For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.” (2 Thessalonians 3:11)

Many in the cliques are born and raised in the church environment. they know how to go through the motions and appear spiritual. They can raise their hands at the right time and shout “Amen!” on queue. They have a form of godliness but also have craftily balanced out a worldly type of behavior and lifestyle. They are lukewarm. A Black Sheep can pick up on these type of individuals. Many Black Sheep have keen senses and good discernment. Because you have chosen to follow God and endeavor to walk in the Spirit you are now at odds with fake Christianity and with the world. You have chosen to respond to the call that was placed upon you by God. Now the price is being paid. You are a Black Sheep.

There are benefits however of being a Black Sheep. For instance, at the workplace, the majority there can care less about following God. It is full of heathen, sinners, fake Christians and liars. If you have been stationed in such an environment, you will surely stand out. You should. You will be visibly known as the Black Sheep. But I have found that the workplace is a great harvest field. It’s a great place to convert others to the Path of Jesus Christ. Some will be offended in you being a Black Sheep but others will gravitate to you in curiosity of your Faith. This is the chance to bring them to the the Light of Truth. As a Black Sheep you plant seeds, you don’t force the Truth into anyone. The Black Sheep is tactical. He knows how to properly plant and water seeds. Progress will be shown when others begin to respond to the Truth of God’s Word and they themselves become, Black Sheep.

In the family it can be different. Those who knew you well prior to your conversion will always know who you “once” were. They will bring this up to you as well. They have a subtle way of reminding you of your past. In times past you went with the flow, you acted they way they acted and you thought they way they thought. There was no distinction. But now you are born again and it shows. Your visibility as a Black Sheep cannot be hidden. Your family will initially see a change in you and this will lead them to curiosity. They think it’s all a sham and that you will be back to the same old “sinner” in no time. They may even try to influence you with the lusts of the flesh you once submitted to. But when that doesn’t work, they begin to see the change in you. Just as on the job and in the church and likewise in your family, you are now, The Black Sheep.

Understand this friend, it isn’t a negative thing to be labeled as a Black Sheep. Of course from their perspective they see it so, but we must look at the far bigger picture and the whole scheme of things. The Black Sheep is the blessed sheep. The Black Sheep have been granted a great inheritance. The Black Sheep have the Hope of Glory abiding in them. The Black Sheep have great worth and are going through a marvelous transformation. The Black Sheep are not destined to eternal damnation. The Black Sheep have been promised Eternal Life!

“But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.” (Deuteronomy 4:20).

The fact of the matter is that you have an inheritance. You are on the path of eternal life. You have the Spirit of the Almighty God in you. You are separate, called out, chosen, a royal priesthood. You are striving for holiness and are walking in righteousness and fighting to resist temptations daily. In all of this, they, the people of the world, your co-workers, your family members, your once closest friends are unable to make sense of it all. They simply reduce you to the oddity of a Black Sheep. If only they knew, if only they were granted understanding that the prized position in this world is not to be esteemed highly by all men but simply to become, a Black Sheep.

For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.” (Deuteronomy 7:6).

Joshua Chua · October 28, 2020 at 5:05 pm

Brother Gabe. I believe that most of what you say is necessary for salvation. The fact that one must believe in Christ is an essential part of entering eternal life. John 14:6. I also watch a lot of your videos and I could be able to say that you justify your words from Scriptures alone…What you are doing is correct don’t get me wrong but isn’t more transforming when we show God’s love by not judging on the sins of the person. Sin is wrong but the Bible states where sin increases, grace increases more too. Just sharing my thoughts and keep fighting the good fight.

Gabriel · October 29, 2020 at 10:10 am

I am glad you are encouraged by the videos and teachings. I will condense your comment as it is not inline with the article above. I will however share a little of it rather than deleting it entirely. I would ask that you address general comments to our email in the future.

When you are a witness of Jesus Christ, you must know how to minister the Gospel and Judgments of God with precision. One cannot force anyone to receive the Gospel. God has to open the eyes of the people for them to understand. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Romans 10:17. When the sinner is exposed to the sin in their life, they will, by faith, feel a conviction towards that sin. They have exercised a type of faith even though their response may appear negative. This is the beginning stage of transformation and the seed of God finding good ground.

We have many testimonies of those who were initially taken back by the preaching only to later turn around in repentance after the seed of God began to grow. You as a human cannot know which soil type the seed of God will be cast upon, nor do you have you the ability to make it grow. God gives the increase and it’s the ego of man to try delegate how the Spirit should do its job.

“In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.” – Ecclesiastes 11:6

We must preach the goodness and severity of God. We are not looking for people to say the “sinner’s prayer” on the spot as you may be accustomed to seeing by other videos on youtube. That is not our Goal. Our Labor is to sow the Seed of the Word of God and have it fall where it may. By God’s grace, some seed will be upon good ground and increase will then follow. In time the seed will come to bloom and the testimonies will follow, souls will be baptized and ultimately filled with the Holy Ghost. This, we have seen happen throughout this ministry. Praise God. Even prior to our Youtube channel I ran an outreach ministry at a church and knocked door to door and passed out tracts. We seen much fruit there too!

God is good.

Keep the faith my friend and don’t let your eyes and ears underestimate the Power of God.

Hannah Bar · November 16, 2020 at 7:04 am

Hi Gabe,

I just wanted to point out something that resonated with me from your last video. You mentioned how when someone is going through a tough time (ex: cancer, a person dying in the family, etc.), individuals will often say that they will “pray for you”. 99 percent of these people saying that are one or more of the following:
1. Atheist
2. Not actually praying
3. Saying this to make themselves look good.
4. May not even care about the person
5. If they do pray they are confused who they are praying to (I have had this one happen before I became a Christian). I was lost and would just pray to “God”.

Gabriel · November 16, 2020 at 7:15 am

Thank you Hannah for that information and the testimony of your personal experience. You are correct, they do just “offer condolences” in such a way. I know that, but I also am sensitive to the man since he is in a dire situation. We just hope the teaching and preaching reaches him. I have done my duty as the Lord had pressed it upon my heart to do. My hands are clean now.

Have a good day. and Keep the faith!

Lexy Keo · November 24, 2020 at 11:29 am

Hi Gabe,

Thank you for this article, since I’ve became a born again Christian. I always knew I was different from them for a while even before I became born again but because of how they were and I didn’t want to seem different from them I tried to be like them but it didn’t make me happy. I noticed that my family looked at me differently or wonder why I am different from them or why I changed who I was before. I come from a family of buddhist, and when I changed I stopped talking to them and being like them. I’m sure they talk of me and wonder why I stopped talking to them but I’m happy and thankful that I became a born again Christian I don’t ever want to go back to my old ways. I’m happy to be known as the black sheep I use to think of it as a negative but it’s a good thing. I have light in this dark world. I have eternal life I have God in my life and I love Him. God bless you

Gabriel · December 22, 2020 at 11:17 am

Amen Lexy. The Black Sheep who keep the faith and endure to the end will get the White Robes!

Tashiana Mathieu · December 22, 2020 at 10:44 am

Hello Gabriel,
I am a 23 year old female. I am a born again Christian. I am a baby in Christ. My whole life I wonder why people mistreated me even my family before and after I became a true Christian. My heart is still good even when a lot of people keep hurting me. I am thinking to cut my family out of my life because they keep mistreating me all of my life. I live an apartment alone. I lost friends this year. I just want to know why God allow me to experience with people not treating me right?

Gabriel · December 22, 2020 at 11:15 am

Thank you for that information and your honesty. I am also glad you are being blessed by the teachings. It is good that you are aware of the differences between you and your family. There is a difference if you are a born again believer. There will be a manifestation of the separation that has taken place and is taking place and will take place if we choose to follow Christ and take up our cross. Those who love family and friends more than God are not worthy of the Kingdom of God. These people who love the world over God are mostly the lukewarm who try to balance the will of God along with the will of the flesh. They try to hold on to the world and hold on to God. When we are totally sold out for Jesus we will have a new path and we won’t care about family and friends who are left behind. The zeal of God will overtake us and we then know that His will is all that matters. Yes, we will desire them to be saved but we can only plant seeds and not force anyone into the Kingdom. They have to be willing for themselves to go in.

We shouldn’t wish evil upon our family and friends in terms of hatred but we must have such an ardent desire to follow the commands and path of God. That will be perceived as hatred BY THEM. We don’t hate them we just Love God. They can’t understand this because they think that the Lukewarm lifestyle is the way to go. Little do they know is that the lukewarm lifestyle will get them banished from the Kingdom of God. Jesus despises the lukewarm. Revelation 3:16.

If you need to make a few changes that is good. But don’t disown your family. You don’t have to tell them anything unless they ask. It’s not a verbal thing it just comes natural as you abide in Christ. They will see a Light. If they want the Light they will inquire of you and then you can speak to them about the Kingdom of God and doing the Father’s will. If they choose to distance from you, don’t take it to the heart, just understand that it’s what a true follower of Christ Jesus will suffer for being a Black Sheep for the Kingdom of God. But the irony is that the Black Sheep will get White Robes.

Keep the faith in Jesus!

Tashiana Mathieu · December 23, 2020 at 6:23 pm

Thank you Gabriel for answering my question. I did talk about God to them but they don’t listen they think they are good where they are at and they are lukewarm Christians who emotionally abused me through out all my life until today I cut ties for good and I feel lighter than ever. I can pray for them but I don’t need to talk to them ever again. I trust on Jesus Christ to look after me and lead me the way. I thank Jesus Christ for everything he done for me this year and I have been watching your videos recently and it’s pretty good. I thank God for having a street preacher like you and we need more like you that go straight forward and no sugarcoating.

Gabriel · December 23, 2020 at 6:59 pm

Amen sister and make sure not to harbor any hate. Just pity them but not hate them. You know this but it’s just a reminder because despite what they have done, the scriptures will prevail.

“Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.” -Exodus 20:12

I have seen people’s lives cut short because they harbored hatred towards their parents. If you cut ties with them I can understand because you don’t want to get hurt by them anymore. Be at a distance physically but every now and then pray for their souls to wake up before it’s too late. If you do this God will be with you.

And keep close to Jesus Christ, he is a Father to the fatherless.

Tashiana Mathieu · December 25, 2020 at 9:03 am

Hello Gabriel. Thank you for your response. It’s been a month since I got baptized in Jesus Christ name. I am not the same person like I was before the baptism. God was working on me inside and out supernaturally. I went through a lot this year. People betrayed me and hurt me and same thing about my family too. I spread the true gospel to my family but still mistreated me. I don’t have a hatred heart. I have been emotionally hurt my whole life for 23 years. Surprisingly I still have a soft heart. I chose to cut my family out of my life for good. I will still pray for them. I thank God to help me get through this tribulation and I learned a lot this year. My parents forsaken me since my childhood to my adulthood. Psalm 27:10 “My father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.” I trust in Jesus Christ to look after me. I thank him that I have an apartment to live by myself and I am still asking him to fill me with the Holy Ghost with fire. I am going through a spiritual warfare right now. Please pray for me to receive the Holy Spirit. I know that once I receive it, I will feel more love and more complete to have Jesus Christ in me.

Gabriel · December 25, 2020 at 7:18 pm

Thank you for that testimony, it’s a blessing to hear! I will pray for you right now.

Mary · January 9, 2021 at 7:19 am

Greetings bro Gabe. Continue preaching the truth. So, I do not believe in women preaching etc even as according to the word of God, but i do attend an assembly that women preach from time to time. Paul said to keep in silent in the church, so we should not sing during praise and worship either?

Gabriel · January 10, 2021 at 8:10 pm

Hello Mary. Thank you for that information. If you attend a fellowship that is fine. If within the fellowship men and women are congregating and a woman is giving a sermon/teaching over the congregation, then that is a violation of the Word of God. If that is happening, kindly remove yourself from that setting and return another day when a man is giving a sermon/teaching. If they ask you why you are leaving, then that is your shot at giving them the Word of God as it is written. Their blood will be off your hands at that point and the conviction will begin to set in, hopefully.

If the woman is teaching a group of women, then that is fine according to Titus.

As for women singing, yes, you can sing as a woman. The “speak” in the verse is oratory or speaking as an oracle of God. A woman in that sense must remain silent and not usurp authority over the man.
    It’s all quite simple if we just obey the Word of God as it is written.

Nicole · January 13, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Hi Gabe,

I am not christian but I agree with most of the principles you teach on your YouTube channel. I agree they are universally not ideal, like idolatry, gossiping etc. But I have followed a lot of celebrities on instagram such as Justin Bieber, should I just unfollow all of them or delete the account? I think some of them do the ‘sins’, but one of them personally inspired me to take more practical action, such as getting a better job. It taught me more practicality. Otherwise I would have stayed being lazy and not focus on any personal development/career paths (unlike Hikkomori). So it feels like it contradictory there?
Should women get a job or not?
I would like to have integrated some of the values/beliefs from christianity.
Thanks for your christian guidance..

Gabriel · January 17, 2021 at 4:34 pm

Thank you for that information and I am glad you are on the quest for Truth. Mankind was initially created in the image of God. In the fall of man (Adam/Eve), degradation has taken place in all aspects of society and nature. In short, you CAN gain some insight on how to better your life from the common man. However, the unsaved/unregenerate man is fallible and can give ungodly direction and advice. We are not to walk in the counsel of the ungodly. Psalm 1:1. To gain Godly wisdom and direction, it’s best to seek Godly counsel from a person who is a Christian. Even better is that you seek God for yourself on certain issues.

The process is simple. Believe the Gospel that Jesus Christ existed and lived a life to do his Father’s will. He went to the cross of crucifixion to atone for man’s sins. He died and arose from the grave. Since he is now alive, we too can have the promise of eternal life by receiving Christ in our lives and we then have the power to become the sons / daughters of God. We repent of our sins and follow the commands of the Lord.

This is the beginning of the journey into becoming born again into the likeness of Jesus Christ. Being a Christian has its benefits too. We can then have the hope of eternal life and also have the daily guidance of the Holy Spirit of God.

Nicole · January 21, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Hi Gabe,

Thank you for your guidance. I hope for myself, and people can live holy. I can understand what you mean, but do agree that most jobs are moral for women? Or do you think there are some which are more aligned with Christian beliefs?

Or it should be more submissive in nature, like nursing, laboratory jobs, children’s education etc.?
      I am planning to study arts/commerce at university, to do English teaching/accounting. I spoke with my mother, and we both agree this is the best path for me, because it is high paying and would allow me to travel. It was the most flexible had the most future career prospects.

This path is ok as a christian?

thanks

Gabriel · January 24, 2021 at 11:59 am

Jobs that align with a women’s duties per Proverbs 31 (virtuous) woman should be highly considered. Many jobs do fall in line with that. It is up to you to decide as you take it to the Lord in prayer.

Keep the faith!

Nicole · February 2, 2021 at 8:07 pm

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for your advice. I would like to ask, having Instagram is making me feel anxious sometimes, but I still feel pressured to keep it ( because I know someone on there) What should I do?
          Sometimes seeing the posts makes feel envious (and compare myself to others) , don’t know if I should keep it…

Thanks