Initially I had asserted the position below:

“All Murderers go to hell.

Smoking cigarettes is self murder.

Therefore, Cigarettes smokers will go to hell.”

However, there is a flaw in the syllogism. While smoking cigarettes can certainly lead to death and self imposed death is murder, we cannot dismiss the fact that some cigarette smokers can die in other ways prior to the cigarette toxins being the final culprit in their death. Therefore a better, factual, statement can be made to get the person to ponder the damage done to himself and others.

The revised statement:

Smoking cigarettes is attempted murder.

Now this is a better statement to make and a more factual one in that it allows room for other particulars to take precedence in a person’s death. We cannot remove the facts that cigarette smoking causes irreparable damage to the lungs. Smoking destroys the alveoli in the lungs. The oxygen sacs are irreparable. When enough are damaged, less oxygen is distributed and now one has less airflow which leads to emphysema. This condition can lead to death as there is a shortness of breath that occurs and the person’s airway is constricted, a type of strangulation.

Constant toxic inhalation of cigarette smoke produces an excess of mucus. This mucus build up clogs the airways and you begin to cough. The mucus is being trapped by constant toxins that enter the body. Damage to the pathway has occurred and infection and disease can develop. This is a type of poisoning of the lungs.

Smoking also deteriorates the esophagus, causes lung disease, stroke, diabetes, copd, bronchitis, eye disease, arthritis, a weaker immune system and put you at risk for tuberculosis. Not to mention the poisoning you are inflicting on the innocent bystanders around you. Smoking is a selfish decision that not only harms the smoker but assaults the general public.

These avenues of death can be thwarted if the smoker quits smoking. However, if he fulfills his mission of degradation to the human body, it will eventually, if not intersected by other fatal instances, surely lead to death. A death caused by smoking. In that case it will be murder on the human body.

Therefore, it is better said that smoking is,

Attempted murder.

This attempt at murder can still place a person in hell if not repented of. To repent of the attempt at murder one has to stop initiating the attempt at murder. Therefore one has to STOP smoking.

Here is a type prayer I prayed in the past that you may consider as you end your attempt at murder.

Father, I ask that you forgive me for the damage I have done to my body.

I have smoked cigarettes and marijuana and allowed toxic fumes to enter my body.

I may have done damage to my internal organs.

Father, I ask that you have mercy on me as I quit smoking.

I ask that you repair any damage I have done to myself, supernaturally.

I realize that I was killing myself.

I want to stop this attempt at murder I was doing to myself.

I want to be free from this and I want life!

In Jesus name I pray,

Bryson Pounds · August 2, 2021 at 6:09 pm

Amen brother! My mom smokes cigarettes and I told her this a few days ago.

Gabriel · August 2, 2021 at 8:57 pm

Thank you for that information. It’s good that you have brought it to their attention. It is important also that we do not force anyone into the Truth. We are to just plant the seeds and leave it at that. God will bring understanding to the people if he so chooses.

Keep witnessing for Jesus.

Caleb · August 19, 2021 at 6:04 pm

Hey Man!,
Just started reading the Bible, Inv I’m reading its one I was given as a youth. My question is can you recommend a NKJ version that the translation is not diluted and where i can get one?
Keep doing what you’re doing, the world needs to hear the message Gods given you!

Gabriel · August 23, 2021 at 7:55 am

I’d stay away from watered down translations as you stated. But I understand a new baby Christian reading a contemporary version of the Bible. However, you should progress to read the KJV. It’s best to study from there.

A good KJV Bible can be found at any bookstore or online website. If you need one, we may be able to assist, just email me your address in full.

Keep the faith.

Pauline Hignett · September 2, 2021 at 5:23 am

Reply about smoking. I agree with you. I watched my dad die of cancer of the lungs. It was very sad. A terrible death. He loved Jesus and brought us up to know Jesus. Today I watch others smoke, how it controls them. It is a drug that they think have to have. Maybe one day when they are smoking,we can convince them after a drag on a cigarette, they could breathe out into a plastic bag and see the damage to the lungs they are doing.God bless you and your wife for your wonderful ministry.

Gabriel · September 2, 2021 at 9:34 am

I am sorry to hear of your loss. It does happen to many people, they realize when it’s too late. Smoking had a grip on me but as I stated, the subtle whisper in my spirit, “you are killing yourself slowly” weighed heavily upon me and it reduced my smoking to smoking one cigarette in a whole pack, then I’d break the rest of the cigarettes and throw the pack away. I wasted money but it was as spiritual fight like a Tug o War. The devil put up a fight. Eventually full deliverance came. Thank you Jesus.

Keep the faith my friend.