Around this time of year, during the holiday season, many people are finding it easy and justifiable in their eyes to be overly consumed by alcohol. They are either drinking to enjoy festivities or are drinking because of loneliness and despair. When out on the labor fields, working for the Kingdom of God, we often hear from folk saying that alcohol is fine to drink since Jesus drank wine. It seems that those type of people who say those types of things are giving alcohol a pass. I know this well as I too, was a drinker in the past. I drank prior to knowing about God and his salvation plan and I drank as a lukewarm Christian knowing the salvation plan of God. I too used similar statements to justify drinking when I was lukewarm. I said, “Jesus drank wine so I can drink wine as long as I don’t get drunk.” I claimed that I ‘knew my point’ of intoxication and as long as I stayed below that I was fine. The fact of the matter is that I wasn’t fine and I always got fooled by the alcohol. I took personal blood alcohol level tests to fortify my justification but they often came back over the limit. Even when they were slightly under the limit, I still didn’t feel right in my soul. The Word of God gives us insight on the subtle trickery of alcohol:

“Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.” (Proverbs 20:1 KJV).

I was tricked and deceived into thinking that I could get a handle on the wine and that the strong drink could be well managed. I was wrong. The subtlety of the wine kicked in and I was left in shame and regret after its shameful effects. The manifestations often included immoral behavior or violence. I was mocked by the wine’s tantalizing appearance in the cup.

Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.” (Proverbs 23:31-33).

The Bible says that strong drink is raging. The Hebrew word there is “Hamah” which means to murmer, growl, roar or to be boisterous. This type of under the influence behavior can be manifested as road raging, getting into mischief, arguments and fights. It also can include sexual behavior such forcing yourself upon others i.e rape, unwanted pregnancies which lead to abortion, and even venereal diseases and death.

There is no way to justify wine, strong drink or even a beer. They even call hard liquor, “Spirits.” They surely do bring on certain demonic entities while under the influence of alcohol. I know that from experience. They say that Jesus drank wine but from what I see is that he didn’t condone drunkenness or get drunk. He turned water into wine at a wedding. We don’t see in the scriptures that he or his disciples, who were all at the wedding, drank wine. We only see him take part of the cup at communion, at the last supper. As a matter of fact, the Word of God clearly states that those who are not sober, i.e drunk will NOT make it into heaven:

“…Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:21).

The Mediterranean diet includes a fine type of wine that is not to be used for intoxication. But even if one is born in such a climate they are still not obligated to drink it. Those who are born again Christians and seeking to be used of God for advancing his Kingdom should not drink any form of alcohol. When I drank wine I thought I could do so and be a Christian at the same time. That type of agenda didn’t work as I was not able to be a good witness for Jesus Christ while being a wine drinker. How could I witness deliverance to a person who was bound by alcohol if I too was a drinker. The same pertains to marijuana and other substances of abuse known to man. It was hypocrisy. When I was truly delivered I was then able to strengthen my brethren:

“But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.” (Luke 22:32).

The man/woman of God should not have any hidden pleasures/sins or crutches to depend on. The season of festivities should be sincerely joyful without the need of mind altering substances and alcohol. The Bible says that the Joy of the Lord is our strength. When we take joy in God and meditate on our salvation and the wonderful promises we have in his Word, we can surpass the temporary remedy of intoxication. We can have true joy and peace and most importantly, the pure heart knowing we have not sinned before God and thereby need to engage in repentance because of wilful sin. We are to be Kings and Priests before our God:

“And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.” (Revelation 5:10).

A king should carry himself with honor and dignity. A priest should carry himself with sanctity and discretion. We therefore ought to know how to carry ourselves even the midst of a wicked and perverse generation. It is time for you to acknowledge that the alcohol has nothing good for you. It has brought you low and placed you into shame. You have been deceived and mocked by it. It may even have placed you into poverty or taken much money from you. It has been an obstacle for you and prevented you from fulfilling the will of God in your life. It’s purpose is to rob your fruit and keep you back and thwart your path towards the Kingdom. Ultimately it will cause you to perish and go to hell.

Wake up now and be perpetually sober and do good before God and mankind before it’s eternally too late.

It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: (Proverbs 31:4)

Michael Prashad · November 29, 2021 at 5:37 pm

God Bless you and Long Live the King.

Dennis · November 29, 2021 at 7:12 pm

Hi brother Gabe thank you for the video. Drinking, fortification, loud parties,, I get it many people commit these sins for holiday pleasures and thank you Jesus for delivering me out of these deadly sins hallelujah! I still do the typical holiday decorations and Christmas presents with family. Is it wrong to do those things? I love my parents, but we do decorations, presents, few movies nothing crazy, and as an early Christian I don’t know about all this. Good news is I’m building a relationship with christ by reading the bible and praying, even my parents told me not to speak 9f Jesus to other family members that hurts me

Gabriel · November 30, 2021 at 7:58 am

I am glad you are using discernment and making calculations regarding what is permissible and what is not with your family. Clearly there are things associated with certain holidays (Halloween/New Years etc) that are against goodness and God. There are other holidays however, that can be enjoyed and used to bring family together, ponder the goodness of God and love. Those being Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Now, though some will have differing opinions on those two holidays, we shouldn’t do anything against our conscience because then it would be sin. If you cannot extract Godly pleasure out of those two holidays then have nothing to do with them. Just don’t place your convictions on others who are more liberated.

“Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.” Romans 14:22

We personally enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas as they have call it. We use those two times of year, not as the heathen do but as Christians we rightfully are thankful and rightfully reflect on the Gift of God’s only begotten son, Jesus Christ. You shouldn’t dismiss the Real reason for the season in the midst of giving gifts and drinking hot cocoa or viewing lights. We should have God in the center of it all and he will be glorified.

Dennis · December 2, 2021 at 8:52 am

Amen thank you! God bless you

Wes · December 22, 2021 at 10:26 pm

Hey man. I must have watched all your videos. I’m happy to see god has blessed you with the courage of a lion to be out there on the front lines spreading the good news. I believe my hand is being forced to soon take up my own sign and begin . I just need to work on a few more things. Definitely need to cut booze out of my equation, plus I noticed it clogs my sinuses up more now than used too . To hell with it! But like you said ; you can’t be out there hold the sign and not have fully repented and turned from the ways of the world. Otherwise I know I would feel the conviction and would stumble. Soon my brotha I’ll be out and about soon. As of now I do my part at work talking to the younger kiddos as I can. Anyway is there any other way I can help fund your campaign other than paypal? Like a secure web portion where I can just send you a donation with my debit? God bless man. And just remember your not alone on what you see and know. Millions of us out here see what’s going on, and it’s more obvious now than ever before.

Edward Benitez · January 2, 2022 at 12:13 pm

Hello brother Gabe … I just sent my first donation to your ministry a couple of minutes ago. I’ve been watching you for some time and I really like how you get the WORD out ! Amen.
I very much like your style cause it’s way to late to be handing out a sugar coated Bible. People need to choose Heaven or Hell ! End times. The Lord has put it on my mind to support Spirit filled , Spirit lead street preachers like you and Jesse Morrell. I live in Huntington Park. If I can ever be of assistance to you and my health allows it please let me know 🤙 meanwhile I’ll be praying for you & Jesse that He keep you safe from all the evil out there. Take care.

Gabriel · January 2, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Thank you for that information. I am glad you are being uplifted by the videos and teachings. That is how we grow in the Lord since faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. We appreciate the donation as well, God be praised. We hope to be directed to do more outreaches in the future. Things are wrapping up in the world and we can see the signs of the times. Keep alert and keep seeking the Truth!